VoIP Customer Report
A Survey of Customer Satisfaction with VoIP and Other Voice Services
By Terry C. Gleason & Gwen S. Johnson
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) may be spurring fervent debate in the technical and business press, but what do customers think? This report is the first to rank satisfaction among four forms of telephone services: wireline, wireless, VoIP as implemented by cable companies, and VoIP as implemented by DSL or third party providers.
Using data obtained from 1,063 broadband subscribers, Apogee Analytic’s examination of customer perceptions of and responses to their telephone services provides answers to the following questions?
- Overall Ratings: How does customer satisfaction with VoIP compare with the services they receive from wireline and wireless providers?
- Quality of Service: How do customers perceive the quality of service of VoIP especially in contrast to wireline and wireless services?
- Customer Service: How does VoIP stack up with respect to the customer contact services it offers such as installation, repair, and billing?
- Overall Drivers: What are the key drivers of customer satisfaction with the services they receive?
- Company Rankings: Who are the top performers in providing broadband, wireline, wireless, cable telephony, and Internet telephony?
- Service Portfolios: What are the combinations of services that broadband subscribers are buying? Are VoIP customers severing their links with other forms of telephone service?
- Potential Customers for VoIP: Who will be next to get on the VoIP bandwagon?
- Customer Loyalty for VoIP: How enthusiastic are current VoIP subscribers as advocates for their service?
- Important Service Attributes: As VoIP service offering evolve, what are the main concerns and desires of real and potential customers?
This report is available as a PDF file for $3,950 for a single user license. To purchase a copy call Terry Gleason at 732-548-1174 or email your request to
The raw data from this survey can also be purchased for an additional $8,200.